Thanks for all of the support for the trails this year! Looking to get in a year end donation to help the Frederick Watershed trails? To donate, follow this link http://www.more-mtb.org/product/frederick-watershed-donation/
So what is happening on the trails? It has been an unusually wet year and some of the trails are showing it. We’ve had small teams of people addressing issues as we can and also dealing with a lot of downed trees due to heavy winds and saturated soils. If you have something to report, use our contact form.
Big projects in the works:
You may recall, we obtained a $30K RTP grant to build new trails in the southern watershed on the east side of Hamburg Road. The plan was to begin construction in summer or fall of 2018 however, MD DNR representatives were unable to perform their field review in spring of 2018. This review took place in September of 2018 and was the first in a series of approvals/steps that must be completed to utilize the grant money and begin construction.
We are now well underway in the process and our new target is to begin work in Spring of 2019. Below is a timeline of recent steps we’ve completed. We have an ambitious goal of doubling our grant money through donations and fundraising. We are approximately 2/3 of the way towards that goal. To donate, follow this link (http://www.more-mtb.org/product/frederick-watershed-donation/), every dollar goes to a special fund for the Frederick Watershed.
- Trail team finalizes field flagging and submits plans and maps for review 3/19/18
- DNR Field review of flagged lines – 9/5/18
- Revised small portion of flag line based on field review – 9/9/18
- Revised maps and GPX files were sent to State Highway Administration (SHA) reflecting revised lines – 9/10/18
- City of Frederick signed ROW letter authorizing project – 10/15/18
- MORE sent signed MOU to SHA – 11/9/18
- NEPA Review: Fish and Wildlife review letter submitted – 11/27/18
- NEPA Review: DNR review letters sent – 11/28/18
- NEPA: MD Historic Preservation letter sent – 11/29/18
- NEPA: MD Historic Preservation approval letter received – 12/24/18